- Category: Ipra Peace
- Published: Friday, 16 September 2016 11:00
- Hits: 448
BID PROCESS TO HOST 2018 IPRA GENERAL CONFERENCE
The Internatonal Peace Research Association (IPRA) is now accepting bids to host the 2018 IPRA General Conference.
IPRA General Conference
IPRA General Conference is an event held biennially since 1964, and should be held preferably in July / August except if there are any valid reasons to propose other times.
The IPRA General Conference is the preeminent international gathering of academics, scientists working in academia, research and consulting who present their research around peace over 4 days and 150+ panels. General Conference attracts 500 – 1000 delegates.
The Bidding Process
Conference bids are only accepted from fulltime faculty members who are current members of IPRA and should be approved by their affiliated institutions. Proposed conference chairs must also be full faculty members of their current institutions of employment.
There are a number of steps in the biding process and we ask that they be met in full or the proposal may be unsuccessful.
The bidding process for the 2018 IPRA General Conference is as follows:
- Expression of Interest– An expression of interest must be completed using theIPRAPreliminary Proposal Form. This form is just a brief look at the venue and should be completed and submitted by the bid chair. The IPRA Executive Committee will then consider these submissions. If successful the IPRA Executive will invite the organisation and the proposed conference chair to submit a full proposal. The deadline for the submission of the Expression of Interest form is October 10 2016
- Full Proposal– The preparation of this proposal is byinvitation only of shortlisted of Expressions of Interest. Guidelines for this proposal will be sent to you with the invitation. IPRA Executive Committee will then consider these proposals and score them based on the set criteria in the guidelines in accordance with the IPRA statutes(See Annex below). The deadline for the submission of a full proposal is November 1, 2016.
- Conference Chair—Proposed conference chairs of shortlisted proposals will be invited to present themselves for nomination for IPRA Secretary General-elect for the 2016-2018 term
- .Selection and Announcement –The Announcement of the host organisat ion and location will occur at the 2016 IPRA General Conference in Freetown/Sierra Leone following the nomination and election of the Secretary General and Conference Chair of the 2018 conference.
The proposed conference chair and/or host institution submitting the bid must be a current member of IPRA. The host institution and conference chair/IPRA Secretary General will work closely with their co-secretary general, the IPRA EC and Council over the coming 2 years to plan and execute all aspects of conference planning.
IPRA STATUTE ARTICLE ON SECRETARY GENERAL